Payments Associated to a Date of Service
When a patient makes a payment, they want to be sure that it’s being applied where it should. Previously, payments were simply assigned using a single rule: The oldest charge gets the oldest payment. Now, payments can be assigned a specific Date of Service.
When using this method, all payments entered simultaneously will have the same:
- Deposit Date
- Payment Method
- Auth/Check #
- Batch Number
To add and assign patient payments directly to a Date of Service:
- Navigate to Payment > Unassigned Payments.
- If needed, select a patient using the Patient Search box.
- Click Add Payments by Date of Service.
- Update or enter information into the following fields as needed: Deposit Date, Payment Method, Auth/Check#, Batch Number, and Comments.
- Update or enter information into the following fields as needed: Date of Service, Transaction Type, Payment Code, Ins. Code, Amount Paid, Provider, and Location.
- To add another payment line, click Add.
- Repeat Steps 5-6 as needed.
- Verify that the Total Paid field equals the amount you are trying to post.
- Click Save.
Patient Payment Distribution
Patient payments are distributed to charges based on a specific set of rules within RevFlow. To understand why payments have been applied in a certain way, we’ve created a comprehensive article that outlines various payment scenarios and their related distribution rules.
By default, the Minimum Days to Hold Payment is set to 30 days. To change the length of time a payment is held before being assigned, contact email@example.com.
For more information, please see: Distribution Rules & Examples.