Account with Credit Balances
Use this report to easily audit accounts that show insurance and/or patient credits. This report should be analyzed before processing any insurance or patient refunds.
- Navigate to Reports > Patient Reports > Account with Credit Balances. The report will automatically run.
- To prioritize accounts, we recommend sorting by the Ins Bal (Insurance Balance), Pat Bal (Patient Balance), or Balance (Total Balance) columns in descending (largest to smallest) order.
- Research any accounts with a large balance.
- If a significant number of accounts show a credit, determine the cause. Report your findings to management and discuss possible solutions to reduce future refunds.
Accounts with credit balances should be worked in the following order:
- Medicare/Federal (Work patient credit balances for these insurances at the same time.)
- All other insurances