WebPT EMR + RevServe Workflow Guides
Get the most out of your WebPT EMR + RevFlow solution by leveraging our best practice workflows. With precise instructions on daily, weekly, and monthly tasks for your front office and billing staff, we provide the information you need to be successful.
WebPT EMR + RevFlow Workflow Guide: Administrative
DAILY: Eligibility & Benefits
- For each new patient or initial exam scheduled for the next two business days, obtain a copy of eligibility and benefits from the insurance company and these answers:
- Is prior authorization required?
- Does the patient have a copay, deductible or coinsurance that applies to PT/OT/SLP?
- What are the policy dates?
- Is there an annual visit limit for PT/OT/SLP? Have they used any?
- Is a referral required?
- Enter the above details into the insurance section of the patient’s chart.
- Upload a copy of the eligibility & benefits to the patient’s eDoc.
- Enter the patient’s Insurance Authorization in the proper case.
DAILY: Checking Expiring Authorizations & Prescriptions
- Check your At a Glance alerts for ending or expiring prescriptions and authorizations.
- If a patient’s authorization or prescription is approaching expiration, make a note on the patient’s next scheduled appointment as a reminder to the provider or front desk.
- Prepare any necessary prior authorization forms required by the insurance company.
- Submit (fax, email, or call) all pending prior authorization or prescription requests that are ready for submission.
- When a new Authorization or Prescription is obtained, add to the chart.
- Make sure authorization dates do not overlap. If the previous auth spanned 3/1/19-3/31/19 and the new auth begins 3/20/19, edit the previous auth to end 3/19/19. Check out more authorization tips here.
DAILY: Check & File Communications
- Check faxes, email, and mail and upload any patient records into eDoc.
- Name, categorize, and date the files so they are easily identifiable.
- Message any staff that needs to be alerted to the newly added documents.
- In RevFlow, check and complete any outstanding tasks.
- If any note has been addended, follow this workflow.
DAILY: Prepare for Medicare Progress Notes
- View your dashboard/agenda for the next business day.
- Open the chart of each Medicare patient to check for a Progress Note Alert. This will appear above the patient records in red text.
- While checking for the alert, glance at the Medicare Cap amounts to determine if the KX or GA modifier needs to be added. You can also run the Medicare Cap Report to determine this.
- Navigate to the schedule for tomorrow.
- Make a note on the appointment to indicate which OMT the patient will need to fill out.
- Have the patient fill out the OMT before the visit. Scan the hard copy into eDoc.
DAILY: Patient Intake
- Add New Patients. It is not recommended to use Quick Add.
- For Returning Patients:
- On the day of their Initial Exam:
- Copy the patient’s insurance cards—front and back, both primary AND secondary insurance—and upload to eDoc.
- Collect payment.If the patient is unable to pay today, still add the charge and leave it unpaid.
- If the patient is doing an Outcome Measurement Tool, have them complete and upload it to eDoc.
- If you have your own internal paperwork the patient has filled out:
- Edit their Patient Info with any supplemental info, such as emergency contacts.
- Upload the paperwork to the patient’s eDoc.
MONTHLY: Check WebPT EMR Reports
- Lost Patient LogCall patients who haven’t completed their POC to encourage them to schedule more follow-ups, or remind the PT to discharge the case.
- Medicare POC ReportRe-fax or call physicians’ offices as needed to ensure plans of care are returned.
WebPT EMR + RevFlow Workflow Guide: Billing
DAILY: Reconcile Yesterday
- Check the WebPT EMR’sMissed Notes Report. Were all patient visits documented and finalized?
- Check the WebPT EMR’s Claim Feed Report. Were all transmissions successful? Only Daily Notes that use the NORCM protocol should be listed as “NOT SENT.”
- In RevFlow, resolve any entries on the WebPT Integration Rejection Summary.
- If your clinic uses Custom CPT Codes, and they have not been added to the RevFlow database or if they are entered incorrectly in the Billing Sheet, they will appear on this report.
- Compare the WebPT EMR’s Billing Report to RevFlow’s Charge Audit Summary - Full Accessreport. Are the number of visits equal?
- Compare the WebPT EMR’s Payment Log (change “Date of Service” to “Date of Transaction”) to RevFlow’s Payment Balancing (Full Access) Report. Did all patient payments flow over?
- Follow up on any discrepancies and make corrections.
DAILY: Review Yesterday’s New Patient Details
- Check the patient’s eDoc to ensure you have copies of the front AND back of their insurance card(s).
- Verify that eligibility and benefits have been checked and a copy is on file (in eDoc or Chart Notes)
- Make sure insurance details, such as ID #, policy visits, policy dates, and copay are entered on the patient’s chart in the WebPT EMR (See Step 6).
- Make sure proper insurance(s) is/are assigned to the proper case (See Step 7).
- If required by the insurer, verify prior authorization is obtained and entered into the chart.
WEEKLY: Billing Packets
- Create two billing packets: One for deposits and one for mail.
- For reference, check out this example billing packet.
- Paper checks and EOBs will need to be photocopied and included in your packet.
- Do not send the physical check to WebPT.
- Copies of EFT or Virtual Credit Card payments, and their EOBs, should also be included.
- Upload the billing packets using FileZilla.
WEEKLY: Reconcile Deposits
- Verify that bank deposits match the amounts listed on the EOB Clinic Summary.
MONTHLY: Patient Billing
- Patient Statements will be sent monthly on your behalf. It will be your responsibility to run and review the reports and hold any statements you do not want to be sent.
- Review RevFlow’s Patient Balances Duereport: Reports > Patient Reports > Patient Balances Due
- Review RevFlow’s No Patient Statement Listingreport: Reports > Patient Reports > No Patient Statement Listing. This shows all patients that are set to not receive a statement. Edit the corresponding patient charts if statements need to be turned back on.
MONTHLY: Month-End Reports
- Ensure all payments have been submitted to your CSR by 12 PM on the last day of the month.
- WebPT EMR: The Productivity Report displays productivity by documentation type.
- WebPT EMR: The Referral Report allows you to see which physicians are referring the most patients.
- RevFlow: These Aging Reports allow you to view outstanding balances for patients and payers.
- RevFlow: The Provider Summary Report allows you to see billed visits and units, their associated charges, payments, and adjustments, and the average reimbursement per claim per provider.
- RevFlow: Run any other Month-End Reports that are useful to the clinic.