The Add Adjustments page allows you to post an adjustment without posting a payment. An example is when a charge should be applied to the patient’s deductible.
Open the Payments menu and select Add Adjustments.
The Add Adjustments page is organized into two sections. The top section is where you enter the account and Date of Service information and the bottom section is where you enter the transaction information.
Add Adjustments: Top Section
- Account #: Enter the patient’s account number. You can also use the magnifying glass icon to open an expanded search window.
- Insurance: The drop-down displays a list of insurances associated with the patient’s account. If the patient also has outstanding charges assigned to him/her, PATIENT will also display in drop-down list. Select the insurance whose charges you wish to adjust.
- Date of Service: Enter the date or range of dates that need to be adjusted or transferred.
After you have entered 1-3, click OK.
- Adjustment Code: Displays a list of adjustment codes. Adjustment codes will vary depending on the reason for your adjustment or transfer.
- Deposit Date: Enter the deposit date for your adjustment. Typically, it will be today’s date.
- EOB $: Enter 0.00
- Check #: Enter a check number, if available.
- Batch: Leave this field blank.
Add Adjustments: Bottom Section
- Allow & Adj: You have the option of entering the allowed or adjustment amount. RevFlow automatically calculates and populates the field that was left blank and the remaining balance (xFerAmt.)
- xFerIns/Place of Service: Displays a list of insurances the remaining balance, if any, should be transferred to. If the remaining balance is owed by the patient, select Patient.
- Adj Qual (Adjustment Qualifier): Displays a list of Adjustment Qualifiers. The qualifier selected should match what is listed on the EOB. Common qualifiers are CO (Contractual Obligation), PR (Patient Responsibility), and OA (Other Adjustment.)
- Adjustment Reason: Displays a list of Adjustment Reasons. The reason selected should match what is listed on the EOB.
Adjustment Qualifiers and Adjustment Reasons are listed together on EOBs separated by a hyphen. Example: CO-45.
- Trans Code: Displays a list of transfer codes. Your options are: 1 (Deductible), 2 (Co-insurance), and 3 (Co-pay). It is important you make the correct selection.
After you have entered all the information for your adjustment, click Save.