Update/Delete Patient Payments in RevFlow
This feature is currently in limited release and will gradually be rolled out to participating organizations.
Once a patient payment flows into Revflow, it cannot be updated. To reconcile payments between WebPT and Revflow, the original payment must be deleted and a new payment should be added to reflect the updated amount. First, determine if the payment has been assigned to date of service (remember, payments are applied automatically each night in Revflow), then, follow the process to delete or update.
Click here to watch a video on updating an Unassigned Payment.
Learn more about each process in the following article.
Update/Delete UNASSIGNED Patient Payments
To update/delete an unassigned payment in RevFlow:
- On a patient’s Account Information page, open the Payment menu and select Unassigned Payments.
- Locate the desired payment and scroll to the right.
- Click Delete. A popup will appear asking if you are sure you want to delete the payment. Select Yes.
- To mimic updating a payment, we’ll create a new payment for the same Deposit Date. Enter the updated payment information into the payment form.
- Select Add.
Once the payment has been updated/deleted, you can remove the entry from the WebPT Integration Rejection Summary. This will ensure that the rejection isn’t worked multiple times.
- From the summary page, double-click on the Payment Rejection Type.
- Next, double-click on a Rejection Reason.
- Check all items you want to remove.
- Click Remove.
Update/Delete ASSIGNED Patient Payments - Closed Month
If the payment is assigned to a DOS within a closed month:
Be sure to provide the patient Account #, the original dollar amount, the check number (if any), the batch number (if any), the date of the transaction, and the updated dollar amount.
Update/Delete ASSIGNED Patient Payments - Open Month
RevServe Members should contact firstname.lastname@example.org to update all assigned patient payments.
RevEquip Members: For payments assigned to a DOS within an open month:
- On a patient’s Account Information page, open the Payment menu and select Error Corrections.
- Enter the patient’s Account # and a DOS date or date range and select Search.
- Locate the PIOF - PATIENT PD IN OFFICE transaction(s) related to the original payment. Remember, payments may have been assigned to multiple service lines.
- Click the ID associated with the transaction to drill-down.
- Under the Payments/Adjustments section, find the payment entry.
- Select the Delete box. On the pop-up window, select OK.
- Click Save.
- The patient payment transaction will be removed from the Error Corrections screen and relocated to the Unassigned Payments page. Follow the Update/Delete UNASSIGNED Patient Payments section above to finish updating or deleting the payment.
View Inactive (Updated/Deleted) Payments
Once a payment has been updated or deleted, the original entry will be archived and marked as “inactive” in the system. To view inactive patient payments:
- Navigate to Payments > Unassigned Payments.
- Select the Show Inactive checkbox.