In order to successfully bill DME, or Durable Medical Equipment, for reimbursement, a specific Medicare DME payer must be set up correctly in RevFlow. If this payer was not created during onboarding, please email email@example.com. Please include the Medicare DME PTAN and NPI used for billing in the request.
Medicare DME Insurance
You must add a DME payer into the WebPT EMR in order for the payer to mapped to the correct insurance in RevFlow.
- Click Add Insurance from the Insurance Manager.
- Create your Medicare DME payer, following the standard Add Insurance instructions. We recommend selecting Medicare as the insurance Type.
Creating the DME Case
Next, you’ll need to associate the new DME payer with the patient and their case.
- Open the Patient Info section of the patient’s chart.
- Click the Add Insurance link.
- Locate the DME payer and add it to the patient’s chart
- Next, click the Add Case link.
- Be sure to select the DME payer as the Primary Insurance for the case.
- Complete the case details and save the patient.
- We recommend using the Orthosis Fabrication note type for documenting DME cases.
- Include the DME CPT Code in the Custom CPT Code field.