Balancing Reports: Payment Posting
There are two main reports that you can use to balance your payment posting. The report you should choose depends on your goal.
- My Activity - Payments: This report shows what you've posted in the app, and is used to make sure your payments balance.
- Payment Balancing (Full Access): This report shows all payments posted at your practice and has multiple filter options. This report is primarily used to balance multiple payment posters totals, and as an audit for month-end.
My Activity - Payments
This is the report that payment posters use the most because it’s the easiest to run and view. We recommend running this report daily.
- Access this from Reports > My Activity Reports > Payments. Remember: This only shows the payments you posted under your username.
- Use the By field to run this report by deposit date or posting date. You can enter a specific date range that you want to run the report for or a specific batch number. When you’re happy with your parameters, click Run report.
- If you have multiple batch numbers, each report line represents a different batch. You can open the batch by check, and then it will list each payment by check number. If you want more detail by patient, you can double click on all, and view by CPT code.
- Tip: Reports stay in the order that you posted them, with the oldest at the bottom (first posted). In this instance, Batch Number BCBS was posted first.
Payment Balancing (Full Access)
Note: Payment Balancing vs Payment Balancing (Full Access): The Full Access version allows the user to view payment posting details regarding any payments posted by the WebPT RCM team.
The Payment Balancing (Full Access) report allows you to view all manual posting that occurred for the selected date range. This the report that you would use to balance on a weekly and monthly basis and for an overall audit of all payments posted.
- Access from Reports > Audit Reports > Payment Balancing (Full Access).
- This report allows you to filter by location, money type, place of service, etc. Typically, we recommend running with minimal filters and then using the grouping and filtering options within the report to narrow down your view. Practice, Place of Service, From Date, and Through Date are required fields. Click Run Report.
- You will see every payment posted for the date range selected, including payments that come over from the payment integration with WebPT EMR.
- You can easily use these columns to sort and filter. Here is one suggested layout that groups by User, Batch Number, and Check/Credit Authorization Number.