Adding a New Case
Typically, a new case should be created when a new patient is added, patient changes insurance mid-treatment, develops a newly diagnosed (untreated condition), or patient returns to therapy after discharge with complaints similar to previous treatment.
Let’s review how to add a new case to a patient chart.
- Navigate to the patient’s account.
- Using the Left Navigation Pane, select Add New Case.
- Enter all required Case Information: Case Name, Injury Type, Case Effective Date, Assignment Date, Referring Physician, Place of Service, Billing Provider, and Discipline.
- Next, open the Diagnosis Tab.
- Click Add Row and enter the appropriate diagnosis code(s).
- Note: If you need to search for diagnosis codes, click on the magnifying glass.
- Lastly, open the Primary Insurance tab.
- Enter all required Insurance information: Insurance Code, Group Number, Policy Number, and Subscriber Information.
- Note: If the subscriber information is the same as the patient, then check the box for Same As Patient.
- Once the required and desired information is complete, click Save at the bottom of the screen.